Many pupils at St Clare’s receive transport provided by the local authority. For further details on local authority provision and support regarding transportation please see:
Derby City Council SEND Transport
Independent Travel training
Derby City Council Transport Policy (PDF)
Derby City Council Post 16 Transport Policy (PDF)
Derbyshire County Council SEND Transport
St Clare’s School Code of Behaviour – Transport
Everyone on the bus shares the responsibility for a safe and enjoyable journey to and from school.
What we expect from students:
- Be polite and respect everyone on the bus.
- Never shout, as it distracts the driver and this can cause accidents.
- Take personal responsibility for putting on your seat-belt.
- Remove litter from the bus.
- Respect everyone’s personal space. This means no touching or throwing objects.
- Report problems to the escort, or teacher when you arrive at school.
You are allowed to:
- Listen to music as long you use earphones.
- Talk quietly to other students near you.
Your Transport provider will:
- Treat you with respect.
- Make sure you are safe and well during the journey.
- Deliver you to and from home safely.